An Interview with Bob Dagger, Owner of High Vibe and Raw Foodie Extraordinare- MP3 File
THE RAW FOOD DIET WILL MAKE YOU GORGEOUS INSIDE AND OUT!!
Believing that most health food stores peddled junk food that only looks good, Bob Dagger came up with the antidote: he opened New York City's High Vibe (HighVibe.com) in 1993 (pre the diet craze) to help himself and others transition to healthier foods and a raw diet.
He himself was trying to heal from years of a "rock n roll lifestyle" and through a combo of fasting & raw juices, as well as starting to eat healthy. In true New York fashion, the compliments rolled in. People started saying he looked great. His well of knowleddge and requests for advice led to his own store.
Dagger De-Mystifies the Raw Food Diet:
Raw food is not about 100% anything “The only thing I believe in is 100% compassion,” he notes. To go raw, he advises that you “put as much raw into your diet as possible. You can do simple little things, like a green juice a day." His fave is celery & apples with some parsley. (It's tasty, and it works).
A key fact to know about raw food is enzymes: cooking food above 110 degrees destroys the enzymes, which means your body has to create them to break down & digest the food. "What causes old age is a lack of enzymes," explains Dagger. Think of enzymes like the worker bees...in cooked food, they've been killed off. Also, cooked food creates acidic conditions in the body, leading to aging wastes; raw, on the other hand, creates more alkaline conditions that help the body naturally detox and cleanse.
People who eat predominantly raw tend to be a healthy, stable weight and have "a far better sex life." Why? Digesting tons of food can make you lethargic & tired, and you may think you want to have sex, but you don't. "Raw puts you more in touch with your body."
Some Dagger Tips on Getting Gorgeous:
* Have a celery/apple juice daily; avoid juices like carrot or beet because they are too high in sugar.
* There's more to raw than just lettuce: "People think you can only eat salads, but there are so many other things, like snacks and made with nuts, and delicious raw cheeses made from seeds & nuts.”
* For a boost of energy, try Dagger's fave breakfast: blend 1 to 2 large glasses of water with a peeled, de-seeded fresh lemon, 1 tablespoon of lecithin, some flax oil, a touch of maple syrup or honey and perhaps half a pear. "It cuts cholesterol and bad fats in the body. The lecithin, made from the good part of soy, is high in B vitamins and can actually go through the brain's barrier."
* Try High Vibe's Beauty Greens - it's a day's worth in an easy, tasty glass.
* Get lots of fresh air and exercise, but don't overdo like those gymrats who - through all their exertions - are actually aging themselves.
* Read something from three different books each day (use it or lose it!)
* Eat "Balanced" Meals: 70-80% of the plate should be made up of "water rich" foods, ie. your veggies, and only 20% or so should be denser foods like meat or rice.
When Dagger's now ex-girlfriend went on a quest for perfect skin, Dagger came up with this foolproof plan. And now, yes, she has a flawless visage. Dagger's Top 5 Daily Secrets for Flawless Skin:
* Flax or Borage oil (1 tablespoon)
* Vegetable Silica (a supplement made from horsetail)
* High Vibe's Omni Anti-OX (an "internal" sunscreen, much like trendy pomegranate)
* MSM - nutritional sulphur widely known to be a "beauty" mineral
* Water, water....and more water
Inspired to go raw? Our lovely Lesley did, and man does she look awesome!!! More proof necessary? Famous Raw Foodies include Donna Karan, Woody Harrelson and Carol Alt. If your gonna try it, you need to do it right. Of course, in that vain, we have compiled a list of resources in order to help you attain the maximum benefits of a raw food diet.
Click Here to sign up for "The Raw Diet" newsletter and receive a FREE eBook.