The Raw Foods Evolution

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Eating Wheatgrass, Hemp, and Flax Seeds

Question:
Hi Mike,

In your e-book you seem to use the terms “hemp seed” and “flax seed” interchangeably. Are they? What do recommend for wheatgrass juice intake as a supplement, i.e., how many ounces how often?

Mike's Answer:

Both hemp and flax seeds have unique nutrients and minerals. Both should be eaten on a regular basis. I eat more flax seeds than hemp because flax is inexpensive.

I usually make a green smoothie in the morning. As soon as I wake up, I will put a handful of goji berries and two spoonfuls of flax seeds into a cup and fill it with water. I let them soak for 30 minutes as I take a shower and prepare for work.

I then blend up the flax seeds and goji berries with my other fruits and greens, usually banana, apple, spinach, parsley, and maca.

Sometimes I will grind up one spoonful of flax and one of hemp, sometimes I will just do two spoonfuls of hemp and no flax.

Either flax or hemp should be eaten fairly often because of their high levels of omega-3 fats.

The amount of wheatgrass juice to be consumed depends on your state of health. If you are healthy, you won't need that much. If disease is present and you have healing to do, you will heal faster with higher quantities of wheatgrass and green juices.

I drink wheatgrass juice a few times a week, about one or two ounces per serving. I follow the wheatgrass juice with a pint of green juice made with leafy greens, celery, and cucumber. I also sprout sunflower greens and juice or blend them.

If healing is needed, I would drink one or two ounces of wheatgrass juice once or twice a day, followed by the vegetable juice.

Have a great day!

Mike Snyder
Owner, The Raw Diet Health Shop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home